New York Container Terminal considers the Trucking Community a vital part of our business and strong voice in the industry. To ensure that truckers experience efficient and courteous service at NYCT we suggest that the following check list is followed:
- A considerable amount of time can be spent waiting for a container to become available. Please confirm that your import container is available for pick up prior to entering the facility. Container availability can be accessed by calling our automated Inquiry Line at 888-883-8830. Access via the Internet can also be achieved by visiting our home page and clicking on Cargo Availability. Of course you can always contact a Customer Service Representative at the terminal by dialing 888-883-8083. For a list of representatives, please visit our Contact Directory within our website.
- If the container to be delivered has fees/charges associated with it, you can minimize the time spent on terminal by guaranteeing these charges, prior to delivery, provided your company has valid credit with New York Container Terminal. Please confirm charges by contacting one of the above methods. To confirm credit, please contact our Accounts Receivable Department. Our Representatives will be happy to assist you.
- If you experience any problems while on terminal, please proceed to our Customer Service/Help window for assistance.
- Follow the directions noted on the Routing Slip. This will avoid any complications while on terminal.
- Follow posted signs and speed limits. Our most important goal is the safety of all on terminal.